KFELTP ADVANCED LEVEL COHORT 19 RECRUITMENT
The Ministry of Health is enrolling for cohort 19 in the Advanced Level of Kenya Field Epidemiology & Laboratory Training
Description: The advanced level Kenya Field Epidemiology and Laboratory Training Program (FELTP) is a collaborative competency based training program, offered as MSc in Field Epidemiology by Moi University. The program is anchored within the Ministry of Health and supported by Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The Kenya FELTP has the mandate of increasing epidemiologic workforce capacity in the Ministry of Health and Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation. The Ministry of Health is currently seeking highly motivated health professionals interested in joining this elite cadre of epidemiologists and acquire skills to effectively enhance disease surveillance and outbreak investigations and provide response locally and worldwide.
Training Duration: 24 months, full time
Eligibility: Technical Employees of the National and County Governments Working in the Departments responsible for Human Health, Animal Health or Environmental Health Services
Starting Date: September, 2022
- Minimum two (2) years working experience in Public Health
- A holder of an Upper Second Class Honors Degree in Biological and Health Sciences from an institution recognized by the Commission of University Education
- Basic Knowledge in Computer Skills
- Willingness to be potentially deployed outside their current duty station
- Availability to travel nationally and internationally at short-notice
- Must also meet admission requirements for Moi University MSc in Field Epidemiology
Application: Applicants should download and fill the biodata form and attach full Curriculum Vitae (CV), a personal statement not longer than 500 words, three (3) references including one from the current supervisor, and mobile telephone contact and email address.
Click here to download the biodata form.
County employees must apply through their respective County Directors and/or County Executives. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All applications must be received before 5.00pm on 15th July, 2022, addressed to the attention of the undersigned.
The Principal Secretary
Attn: Director, Human Resources Management and Development, Room 127
Ministry of Health
P.O. BOX 30016, Nairobi